Tuscany and Liguria by bike, cycling tours in Tuscany and Liguria for 3 days through vineyards and castles and for other three days discover the beauties of the Gulf of Poets and 5 Terre
Cycling in Tuscany and Liguria from the southern hills Val d’Orcia full of vineyards, to the marble mountains for Carrara that face the Mediterranean sea. One day you will ride up to Montalcino to taste this outstanding wine and admire these unique panoramas included in the UNESCO patrimony, then cycle in Tuscany to Siena and the last day in the area bike in relax to explore the charming Pienza. The Tuscany bike tour has one day at rest during the coach transfer to the sea side, then cycling in Tuscany and Liguria face the climbs of the marble mountains in Carrara or the gentle hills of the Gulf of poets with possible extension to the Cinque Terre the last day is dedicated to the exploration of the land of castles, the Lunigiana.
- The best of Tuscany and the best of Cinque Terre by bike.
- Cycle with an ex professional.
- Visit UNESCO sites Siena, Val d’Orcia and 5 Terre.
- Ride the rolling hills Tuscany, climb the Carrara marble mountains, admire the unique Cinque Terre.
- Experience local wines and foods from the sea and the inland.
- 7 days – Approx 360 km – Ascent 3700 m. – Descent 3700 m. – OUR ACTIVITY LEVEL GUIDE
- Supporting van.
Feel free always to enquire a further customization of the tours, according to your physical conditions, your desires or experience.
Day 1 – Cycle around the Montalcino region, climb the hill that takes to this charming town famous for its wine and ride around it to admire the panorama of Val d’Orcia.
Day 2 – Bike the Crete Senesi region that stretches towards Siena, it’s a kind of lunar landscape before arriving to the UNESCO site of Siena.
Day 3 – Ride through the Val d’Orcia valley as far as Pienza, gem of this area offering stunning Renaissance architecture and always a pleasant atmosphere.
Day 4 – Day off during which coach transfer is arranged to the northern Tuscany.
Day 5 – It’s time of more challenging climbs facing the Carrara white marble mountains, sweat and toil are rewarded by these unbelievable views.
Day 6 – The Gulf of Poets with Lerici is another gem of this are, we are in Liguria now and the tour can be stretched up to the 5 Terre.
Day 7 – The land of castles with Sarzana and Fosdinovo is the cherry on top of the pie, green hills full of olive orchards, ancient castles and parishes will bring you back to the past.
Price per person € 1200,00 calculated on a base of 10 participants.
If your party is smaller or bigger, we will send you a customized quotation.
- Private tour with your own bicycle
- Minimum #1 maximum #15 participants (advised)
- 6 nights in bike hotels in half board treatment.
- Mechanical assistance
- Former professional cyclist as your tour guide.
- Light lunches and food and wine tasting en route.
- Support van
NOTICE: the prices are subjected to reconfirmation, because hotel rates may change according to the period of the bike tour.
- Rental bikes: available road bikes, mountains bikes, e-bikes
- transfers to the starting point
- Other extras not listed above
- Starting point Buonconvento. Other departure place on request.
- Duration: 7 days 6 nights.
- Stage duration: each one take approx. 6 hours including time for breaks and photo-stops. We considered an average speed of 20 km/hr.
- Total length: approx. 360 km
- Total ascent: 3700 mt.
- Total descent: 3700 mt.
- Type of road: paved
- Activity Level: from intermediate to strenuous.
- Advised clothing: cycling garment with mandatory helmet. Otherwise: T-shirt-Sweater-Wind-breaker-Sneakers-Sunscreen-Sunglasses
Need more customization?
Send us your requests!
Are you a larger group?
Wish to modify the itinerary?
Wish to add or cut some stages?
Need car/coach transfers?
Wish to have more rest days?