5 Terre with private boat. Full day sea and cookery experience, enjoy the sailing along the coast and learn more about local foods.
Sail along the Cinque Terre coast by Leudo, a traditional type of boat used by fishermen and merchant. Take your time to relax, sunbathe, swimming or snorkeling in lovely isolated coves, have a drink and with the help of a local cook, learn how to prepare the authentic pesto sauce (grandma style) and then have lunch a board based on Ligurian specialties like bruschetta with your pesto sauce, Ligurian focaccia, pasta with mussels, vegetable pies, all accompanied by some good Cinque Terre white wine or other beverages.
During the day and according to the selected itinerary option, you have the opportunity to disembark and visit Portovenere (UNESCO site considered the gateway to the 5 Terre) and Vernazza (move on a tender to disembark) the gem of Cinque Terre.
- Private tour on a Leudo old fishermen boat
- Saling along the 5 Terre coast, visit Portovenere and Vernazza.
- Stop for swimming, snorkeling, relax and sunbathe.
- Learn how to make the traditional Ligurian pesto.
- Enjoy lunch aboard with local specialties.
- English speaking tour escort.
Meet the skipper in La Spezia and depart towards Portovenere sailing through the se-called Gulf Of Poets, on the way admire the coastal villages of the area and the Navy port of La Spezia.
Disembark and visit of Portovenere, included in the UNESCO, it is a well preserved example of medieval architecture of a village-fortress built by Genoa as a merchant town and fortification against the pirates.
Proceed the navigation along the daring cliffs of the area, they are really unique due to the black and white stripes of the limestone bedding that rise from the blue sea. This area is rich of natural caves, hidden coves where you can take a swim or admire the seabed doing some snorkeling.
Finally arrive in the 5 Terre area, this is a stretch of coast included between two main promontories where are located five tiny villages built on the cliffs: Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza, Monterosso. Their marinas are really small and don’t permit the docking of bigger boats and are crowned by thousand terraces used throughout the centuries for growing grapes and olives.
During the navigation between one glass of wine and the other, have fun learning how to make the home made pesto using marble mortar and pestle (grandma style) and then have lunch with other local specialties like pasta and seafood, focaccia, vegetable pies and dessert.
After lunch visit Vernazza, one of the prettiest villages of 5 Terre for a stroll and for tasting a good gelato. Afterwards head back to La Spezia.
Price per person € 265,00 calculated on a base of 8 participants.
If your party is smaller or bigger, we will send you a customized quotation.
- Private boat tour
- Minimum #1 maximum #12 participants.
- Full day English speaking tour escort.
- Pesto making class.
- Lunch aboard (appetizers, pasta, dessert, water, wine).
- Water and beverages during the day.
- Snorkeling equipment.
- Car/coach transport.
- Other extras not listed above
- Tips (optional).
- Meeting point: La Spezia tourist port. Other pickup point on request.
- Duration: 8 hours
- Activity Level: moderate. Is needed the ability to move in narrow spaces on the boat, get on and off the boat and move on the tender to disembark in Vernazza.
- Unfortunately this tour is not suitable for people with wheelchair or reduced mobility. In this case let us know your needs, we will design a version of the tour involving another type of boat.
- In case of rough sea or inclement weather, the boat ride could be canceled. Read more of our rain-weather policy.
- Advised clothing: comfortable shoes and clothes, sunglasses, hat/cap, sunscreen.
- 5 Terre are not visitable moving by boat from village to village because most of the boats are not allowed (except residents) to enter in those tiny ports and because that is a National Park.
With the same type of boat we also offer other tour options, contact us for more information:
- Wine tasting with a sommelier (late afternoon)
- Seafood cooking class in the Gulf of Poets (full day)
- Evening tour with dinner aboard in the Gulf of Poets (evening)
Need more customization?
Send us your requests!
Are you a larger group?
Wish to modify the itinerary?
Wish to add or cut some stages?
Need car/coach transfers?
Wish to have more rest days?