Cycling through Italy form the majestic Alps, across the Apennines through the hills of Tuscany as far as Rome.
Italy bike tour from the mythical Stelvio and Gavia passes, to the Lake Garda, across the Apennines as far as Tuscany and all the way down the Etruscan Riviera coast as far as Viterbo right at the gateway of Rome.
This is a really challenging Italy bike tour from the Alps mountain range where face the legendary Giro d’Italia passes of Stelvio and Gavia. Then with a coach transfer reach Lake Garda and pedal all around this beautiful lake, afterwards ride down the Padana Plain as far as Mantua rich of Renaissance architectures. Another coach transfer ro reach Sassuolo and from there pedal to Bologna, so-called “the fat” due to the amazing cusine. From there start the ascent to the Apennines passes in order toreach the gates of Florence and, after a tour of this smazing city, proceed through the Chianti wine region as far as Siena. From the hearth of Tuscany cycle towards the coast and pleased by the sea breeze reach Grosseto and then soon after Pitigliano, one of the capitals of the Etruscan Nation. End up in Viterbo this long, challenging, adventurous bike tour.
- Explore Italy at the slow pace of cycling.
- Tour guides are former professional cyclists.
- Climb legendary ascents of Giro d’Italia.
- Visit UNESCO sites like Mantua, Florence, Siena.
- Unique landscapes of Lake Garda, the Alps and the Apennines, the rolling hills of Chianti, the Tuscan Riviera.
- Savor always local flavors, food specialties and wines.
- 15 days – Approx 1000 km – Ascent 8700 m. – Descent 9500 m. – OUR ACTIVITY LEVEL GUIDE
- Supporting van.
Feel free always to enquire a further customization of the tours, according to your physical conditions, your desires or experience.
Day 1 – After the transfer to Bormio from the airport you have two days for climbing the Stelvio pass with the Cima Coppi, if one day the weather is not good, you have another chance the day after.
Day 2 – If you succeeded to climb the Stelvio on day one, dedicate this day to the Gavia pass, another legendary climb of the Giro d’Italia.
Day 3 – Coach transfer to the lake Garda, the largest of the Italian lake district. Free time to ride around the hotel area.
Day 4 – Lake Garda bike tour, enjoy a ride around the southern part of the lake and a lovely ferry cruise.
Day 5 – Cycle along the Mincio River Park as far as Mantua, embellished by numerous Renaissance palaces stands elegantly in the middle of its river waters.
Day 6 – Coach transfer to Sassuolo, near the Ferrari car factory.
Day 7 – It’s time of more challenging climbs facing the Carrara white marble mountains, sweat and toil are rewarded by these unbelievable views.
Day 8 – The Gulf of Poets with Lerici is another gem of this area, admire the stunning views from the hills surrounding the Gulf, on the way back stopover in Sarzana.
Day 9 – Along the routes of Giro d’Italia pedaling through the Cinque Terre, challenging climbs rewards by outstanding scenarios, finish up in Levanto.
Day 10 – From Levanto to the Italian Riviera crossing the epic Bracco pass on the way to Sestri Levante and Rapallo.
Day 11 – Relaxed day before the departure biking around Portofino, Santa Margherita and the other coastal towns of the area.
Price per person € 3900,00 calculated on a base of 10 participants.
If your party is smaller or bigger, we will send you a customized quotation.
- Private tour with your own bicycle
- Minimum #1 maximum #15 participants (advised)
- 14 nights in hotels with half board treatment.
- Mechanical assistance
- Former professional cyclist as your tour guide.
- Some light lunches and food and wine tasting en route.
- Dinners in typical restaurants.
- Support van.
NOTICE: the prices are subjected to reconfirmation, because hotel rates may change according to the period of the bike tour.
- Rental bikes: available road bikes, mountains bikes, e-bikes
- Car/coach transfers to the starting point.
- Other extras not listed above
- Starting point Bormio. Other departure place on request.
- Duration: 15 days
- Stage duration: each one takes approx. 5/6 hours including time for breaks and photo-stops. We considered an average speed of 20 km/hr.
- Total length: approx. 1100 km
- Total ascent: 8700 mt.
- Total descent: 9500 mt.
- Type of road: paved
- Activity Level: from easy to strenuous.
- Advised clothing: cycling garment with mandatory helmet. Otherwise: T-shirt-Sweater-Wind-breaker-Sneakers-Sunscreen-Sunglasses
Need more customization?
Send us your requests!
Are you a larger group?
Wish to modify the itinerary?
Wish to add or cut some stages?
Need car/coach transfers?
Wish to have more rest days?