Tuscany by bike, ride along the most scenic country roads of Tuscany, visit its most beautiful towns like Pisa, Florence and Siena, taste the local foods and wines
Cycling in Tuscany is an unmissable experience, this tour matches the pedaling of the most scenic country roads of Tuscany with the visiting of the highlights of Tuscany like Pisa with the leaning tower, ride on top of the walls of Lucca and cycle as far as Florence, home of the most famous works of art in the world. Keep of biking along the Chianti wine route immersed in the green of the olive groves and gentle hills covered by vineyards and and dotted by farms and wineries. Arrive in Siena located in the very hearth of Tuscany, embellished by its duomo and home of the Palio (horse race) then cross the mountains to reach Volterra home alabaster, salt mines and Etruscans.
- The best of Tuscany by bike, cycling with former professional cyclists.
- Visit UNESCO sites like Florence, Siena, Pisa.
- Experience the everyday life of other charming towns like Lucca, Volterra, Carrara.
- Ride the rolling hills of Tuscany, cycle along the elegant beaches of Versilia and face the Carrara marble mountains.
- Savor local flavors and wines of Chianti, Lucca/Montecarlo, Carrara and many others.
- 6 days – Approx 390 km – Ascent 2600 m. – Descent 2600 m. – OUR ACTIVITY LEVEL GUIDE
- Supporting van.
Feel free always to enquire a further customization of the tours, according to your physical conditions, your desires or experience.
Day 1 – From Carrara to Pisa. Ride along the coast as far as Pisa, after admiring the outstanding leaning tower, relax at the hotel.
Day 2 – From Pisa to Volterra. Pedal through the Colli Pisani (hills of Pisa) as far as the town of the Etruscans, famous for the alabaster crafts.
Day 3 – From Volterra to Siena. Climb the hills that separate Volterra from the stunning San Gimignano, after a break there continue to Siena, home of the Palio.
Day 4 – From Siena to Florence. Explore the very hearth of Tuscany cycling through the Chianti wine region between the two gems of Tuscany.
Day 5 – From Florence to Lucca. Continue pedaling at the discovery of the northern Tuscany riding through the lands of Leonardo da Vinci as far as Lucca where don’t miss a ride on top of its walls.
Day 6 – From Lucca to Carrara. Follow the route of the pilgrims climbing the hills between Lucca and the Mediterranean sea, sandy beaches and sea breeze.
Price per person € 1050,00 calculated on a base of 10 participants.
If your party is smaller or bigger, we will send you a customized quotation.
- Private tour with your own bicycle
- Minimum #1 maximum #15 participants (advised)
- 5 nights in bike hotels in half board treatment.
- Mechanical assistance
- Former professional cyclist as your tour guide.
- Some light lunches and food and wine tasting en route.
- Support van
NOTICE: the prices are subjected to reconfirmation, because hotel rates are based on low season rates. During the high season rates could be higher.
- Rental bikes: available road bikes, mountains bikes, e-bikes
- Other extras not listed above
- Starting point Carrara. Other departure place on request.
- Duration: approx 6 days 5 nights.
- Stage duration: each one take approx. 6/7 hours including time for breaks and photo-stops. We considered an average speed of 20 km/hr.
- Total length: approx. 390 km
- Total ascent: 2650 mt.
- Total descent: 2600 mt.
- Type of road: paved
- Activity Level: from intermediate to strenuous.
- Advised clothing: cycling garment with mandatory helmet. Otherwise: T-shirt-Sweater-Wind-breaker-Sneakers-Sunscreen-Sunglasses
Need more customization?
Send us your requests!
Are you a larger group?
Wish to modify the itinerary?
Wish to add or cut some stages?
Need car/coach transfers?
Wish to have more rest days?