Trekking tour in the 5 Terre. A full day of challenging walk with a local expert guide along the trails of the National Park of Cinque Terre.
You will experience these wonderful villages from all the different viewpoints possible: wondering through their small lanes getting up close with the locals; hiking the cliff-side paths that connect the five villages offering unique scenarios of the terraced vineyards and the deep blue sea in the distance; tasting some local specialties to experience the 5 Terre flavors.
There is more than 120 km of footpaths (see the map below), the blue path that runs closer to the sea and through the villages, or the red path (the longest one) that runs up high along the mountain ridge, and many other secondary trails that link the two major ones. You are spoiled for choice!
Here below we propose one sample hiking, but feel free to ask for different ones we will be glad to submit a custom itinerary of one or more days.
- Private hiking tour with local guide.
- Explore some of the 5 Terre villages by hiking along the trails in between.
- Visit Vernazza, Corniglia, Volastra, Manarola and Riomaggiore.
- Stunning views by from the footpaths.
- Light lunch included or picnic. (focaccia, pesto, olives, fruit)
- Gelato tasting.
- Move easily by train between the villages.
Meet your tour guide in La Spezia train station and take the train to Vernazza, considered one of the gems of the 5 Terre. Early in the morning you always breathe a different atmosphere, before the arrival of the crowd the alleys are nice and shady and the marina crowned by the colorful houses is really pretty. After the visit of the village take the path to Corniglia and soon face a good series of steps to reach one of the watch towers of Vernazza built in 1200 for guarding the sea against the pirates.
The paths stretch halfway up the cliffs always in view of the sea as far as Corniglia, the smallest of the five villages but certainly very charming. Take a walk on the main street as far as the esplanade overlooking the sea then start the climb along the path heading to Volastra.
The paths in 5 Terre are quite challenging, they present uneven terrain, steps, several up-down hills, but the scenarios up there is unbelievable! On the way to Volastra walk through the daring vineyards of 5 Terre that give the white table wine and the dessert wine called Sciacchetrà. Have a break in a local eatery or enjoy the picnic on one of the benches near the church.
After some time of rest proceed downhill towards Manarola immersed in century-old olive groves, see the village far in the distance and approach it by walking along the ridge that overlooks Manarola, take a walk along the path that runs around and once arrived enjoy a good gelato.
Later by train get to Riomaggiore and visit the village by walking along the high path ring that starts from the train station and leads to the older side of the village.
Other Cinque Terre Hiking proposals
- The path of the Santuaries: Monterosso, Soviore, Reggio, Vernazza. 4/5 hours
- The Mesco cape trail: Monterosso, Mesco promontory, Levanto. 3/4 hours
- The longest run: Riomaggiore, Campiglia, Portovenere. 6/7 hours
Price per person € 125,00 calculated on a base of 4 participants.
If your party is smaller or bigger, we will send you a customized quotation.
- Private tour
- Minimum #1 maximum #25 participants. If you have a bigger party we will arrange for you a bespoke program.
- Full day English speaking hiking guide.
- Cinque Terre cards train day pass.
- Light lunch/picnic and gelato in Manarola.
- Boat tour
- Other extras not listed above
- Tips (optional).
- Meeting point: La Spezia train station. Another meeting point can be fixed on request.
- Duration: 8 hours
- Activity Level: challenging. You should be able to hike up to 5 hours on uneven footpaths, with gravels and rocks. These are the typical Cinque Terre trails or Portofino Natural Park trails.
- The tour runs with rain or shine, but in case of weather alert the tour can be modified or canceled.
- Advised clothing: hiking boots/shoes, proper clothes, sunglasses, hat/cap, sunscreen.
Need more customization?
Send us your requests!
Are you a larger group?
Wish to modify the itinerary?
Wish to add or cut some stages?
Need car/coach transfers?
Wish to have more rest days?