Cycling through the nothern Italy from lake Maggiore, through lake Como and Iseo to Verona, Vicenza as far as Venice.
Italy bike tour that stretches through the lake district: Lake Maggiore with the beautiful Stresa, Lake Como with Bellagio, Lake Iseo surrounded by the vineyards of Franciarcorta. The explore the stunning towns of Verona and Vicenza together with the rolling hills around the spa town of Abano Terme and finally end up in Venezia.
This is a more relaxed pace bike tour, without big climbs but more focused on easy pedaling across flat lands and rolling hills. An unforgettable ride from west to east Italy, from the lake district to the flat land in the nothern Italy, from the quaint towns like Stresa and Bellagio, through the wine regions of Franciacorta and Valpolicella to the stunning towns like Verona and Vicenza (both UNESCO sites). Relax in Abano Terme in the salty termal springs water pools in Abano Terme before arriving in Venice and spend two days there exploring the town.
- Explore the Italy’s lake district, Verona, Vicenza and Venice.
- Tour guides are former professional cyclists.
- Relaxed cycling through gentle hills and flat lands.
- Visit UNESCO sites like Bergamo, Verona, Vicenza, Venice.
- Unique landscapes of Lake Maggiore, lake Como, lake Iseo, Brenta canal with outstanding villas.
- Savor always local flavors, food specialties and wines.
- 14 days – Approx 450 km – Ascent 3500 m. – Descent 3500 m. – OUR ACTIVITY LEVEL GUIDE
- Supporting van.
Feel free always to enquire a further customization of the tours, according to your physical conditions, your desires or experience.
Day 1 – Transfer from MPX airport to Lake Maggiore area, have time to recover the jet leg or cycle on your own around the area.
Day 2 – Tour of lake Garda biking through Sesto Calende, Stresa, Intra and, after a boat ride across the lake ride back to the hotel.
Day 3 – Transfer day by bike to lake Como. Pedal across gentle hills as far as Como, after some free time in the town keep on cycling to the hotel located in the countryside.
Day 4 – Tour of lake Como that includes the visit of Bellagio, considered one the gems of the lake area and the climb to Ghisallo pass. This is one of the epic ascents of the Giro d’Italia, once there visit the Museum of the Cyclists.
Day 5 – Transfer stage from lake Como to Bergamo. It is a mix of flat land, gentle hill, riding along the rivers of the valli Bergamasche and end up in Bergamo. Definitely unmissable! Finish the ride in the hotel located in the countryside of Bergamo.
Day 6 – Lovely ride up the valleys heading to lake Iseo, this is the smallest of the lake district, the hotel is located right by the lake.
Day 7 – The tour of lake Iseo is really lovely. The route stretches right by the water, it is very quite and runs through characteristic small coastal towns. End up in one of the local wineries of Franciacorta, famous for their sparkling wines. Afterwards coach transfer to Verona.
Day 8 – Rest day in Verona at your own pace or cycle around the area.
Day 9 – Transfer stage from Verona to Vicenza. Cycle through the flat land in between through orchards, vineyards and corn fields as far as Vicenza.
Day 10 – Transfer stage from Vicenza to Abano Terme. Another relaxed pedaling through the countryside as far as Abano Terme, spa town famous for its salt water springs.
Day 11 – Tour of the Abano hills or relax in the hotel pool.
Day 12 – Transfer stage from Abano Terme to Mestre (Venice). Cycle along the Brenta river canal, along which in the 1600 and 1700 the rich Venetians built their outstanding villas.
Day 13 – Rest day in Venice. Explore this magnificent, town at your own pace.
Day 14 – Coach transfer to MPX airport with stopover in Valpolicella wine region for visiting a local winery and taste their wines.
Price per person € 4600,00 calculated on a base of 10 participants.
If your party is smaller or bigger, we will send you a customized quotation.
- Private tour with your own bicycle
- Minimum #1 maximum #15 participants (advised)
- 14 nights in hotels with half board treatment.
- Mechanical assistance
- Former professional cyclist as your tour guide.
- Some light lunches and food and wine tasting en route.
- Dinners in typical restaurants.
- Support van.
- Luggage transfers.
NOTICE: the prices are subjected to reconfirmation, because hotel rates may change according to the period of the bike tour.
- Rental bikes: available road bikes, mountains bikes, e-bikes
- Car/coach transfers to the starting point.
- Other extras not listed above
- Starting point Lake Maggiore. Other departure place on request.
- Duration: 15 days
- Stage duration: each one takes approx. 5/6 hours including time for breaks and photo-stops. We considered an average speed of 20 km/hr.
- Total length: approx. 450 km
- Total ascent: 3500 mt.
- Total descent: 3500 mt.
- Type of road: paved
- Activity Level: from easy to challenging.
- Advised clothing: cycling garment with mandatory helmet. Otherwise: T-shirt-Sweater-Wind-breaker-Sneakers-Sunscreen-Sunglasses
Need more customization?
Send us your requests!
Are you a larger group?
Wish to modify the itinerary?
Wish to add or cut some stages?
Need car/coach transfers?
Wish to have more rest days?