Cycling from the hearth of Tuscany through Siena, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, as far as Portofino in the Italian Riviera.
Cycling in Tuscany and Liguria from the southern hills Val d’Orcia full of vineyards, to the marble mountains for Carrara that face the Mediterranean sea. One day you will ride up to Montalcino to taste this outstanding wine and admire these unique panoramas included in the UNESCO patrimony, then cycle in Tuscany to Siena and the last day in the area bike in relax to explore the charming Pienza. The Tuscany bike tour has one day at rest during the coach transfer to the sea side, then cycling in Tuscany and Liguria face the climbs of the marble mountains in Carrara or the gentle hills of the Gulf of poets with possible extension to the Cinque Terre the last day is dedicated to the exploration of the land of castles, the Lunigiana.
- Explore one of the most charming part of Italy by bike.
- Ride with a former professional cyclist for the whole tour.
- Ride the gentle hills of Chianti, pedal along the Tuscan shores, climb the Carrara marble mountains, admire the unique Cinque Terre scenarios.
- Visit UNESCO sites like Siena, San Gimignano, Florence, Pisa, 5 Terre.
- Taste everywhere local food specialties paired with their wines.
- 12 days – Approx 520 km – Ascent 4300 m. – Descent 4400 m. – OUR ACTIVITY LEVEL GUIDE
- Supporting van.
Feel free always to enquire a further customization of the tours, according to your physical conditions, your desires or experience.
Day 1 – Cycle around the Montalcino region, climb the hill that takes to this charming town famous for its wine and ride around it to admire the panorama of Val d’Orcia.
Day 2 – Bike the Crete Senesi region that stretches towards Siena, it’s a kind of lunar landscape before arriving to the UNESCO site of Siena.
Day 3 – Ride through the Chianti wine region to San Gimignano (UNESCO site) and then keep on pedaling as far as Florence.
Day 4 – Discover tha homeland of Leonardo da Vinci biking from Florence to Montecatini terme, end up in this lovely town famous for its thermal springs.
Day 5 – The two gems of nothern Tuscany will be explored cycling through Lucca, unmissable is a ride on top of its walls, then continue the ride visiting Pisa and end up by the sandy beaches of Viareggio.
Day 6 -Bike along the Tuscan shores to Carrara, home of the white marble of Michelangelo.
Day 7 – It’s time of more challenging climbs facing the Carrara white marble mountains, sweat and toil are rewarded by these unbelievable views.
Day 8 – The Gulf of Poets with Lerici is another gem of this area, admire the stunning views from the hills surrounding the Gulf, on the way back stopover in Sarzana.
Day 9 – Along the routes of Giro d’Italia pedaling through the Cinque Terre, challenging climbs rewards by outstanding scenarios, finish up in Levanto.
Day 10 – From Levanto to the Italian Riviera crossing the epic Bracco pass on the way to Sestri Levante and Rapallo.
Day 11 – Relaxed day before the departure biking around Portofino, Santa Margherita and the other coastal towns of the area.
Price per person € 2900,00 calculated on a base of 10 participants.
If your party is smaller or bigger, we will send you a customized quotation.
- Private tour with your own bicycle
- Minimum #1 maximum #15 participants (advised)
- 12 nights in hotels with half board treatment.
- Mechanical assistance
- Former professional cyclist as your tour guide.
- Some light lunches and food and wine tasting en route.
- Dinners in typical restaurants.
- Support van
NOTICE: the prices are subjected to reconfirmation, because hotel rates may change according to the period of the bike tour.
- Rental bikes: available road bikes, mountains bikes, e-bikes
- Car/coach to the starting point
- Other extras not listed above
- Starting point Buonconvento. Other departure place on request.
- Duration: 12 days
Stage duration: each one take approx. 6 hours including time for breaks and photo-stops. We considered an average speed of 20 km/hr.
- Total length: approx. 520 km
- Total ascent: 4320 mt.
- Total descent: 4400 mt.
- Type of road: paved
- Activity Level: from intermediate to strenuous.
- Advised clothing: cycling garment with mandatory helmet. Otherwise: T-shirt-Sweater-Wind-breaker-Sneakers-Sunscreen-Sunglasses
Need more customization?
Send us your requests!
Are you a larger group?
Wish to modify the itinerary?
Wish to add or cut some stages?
Need car/coach transfers?
Wish to have more rest days?