Private shore trip from Livorno to Siena and San Gimignano with private English speaking driver-guide
A beautiful trip discovering the heart of Tuscany, travel immersed in the authentic Tuscan countryside designed with vineyards and olive groves, winding dirty roads climb gentle hills bordered by lines of cypresses and end up to ancient farm-houses.
The shore excursion from the port of Livorno will take you discovering Siena and San Gimignano, two amazing towns both UNESCO sites and framed in a perfect architecture of the landscape. Siena, home of the Palio (horse race) and of the first bank ever founded in the world, rich of art and traditions deserves more time to be explored on your own or with a local guide.
San Gimignano is smaller but even charming, it lies on top f a hill that overlooks the Elsa river valley, rich of ancient tower-houses is also called “The Medieval Manhattan” where you can have a stroll after a fine meal in a local restaurant or in a wine farm located nearby.
- Private tour.
- Personal English speaking driver.
- Comfortable A/C minivan.
- Travel through the authentic Tuscan countryside.
- Visit of the highlights of Siena at your own pace: Duomo, Piazza del Campo.
- Visit of San Gimignano on your own.
- Free time in every place.
- Eventual photo stop in Monteriggioni.
Meet the driver in Livorno and set off for your shore excursion to Siena, travel through the hill surrounding the area as far as the home of Palio di Siena, the traditional horse race that has been running for centuries. Take your time to explore Piazza del Campo with the town hall palace, have a walk along the main streets as far as the Duomo. During your visit don’t miss to taste the local sweet specialties like Ricciarelli biscuits or the Panforte.
Afterward depart to Monteriggioni, a lovely small town-fortress located on a hilltop on the way to San Gimignano. Here you might have lunch in one of the typical osterie or choose to set up your meal in one of the local wineries.
In the afternoon walk off the food by having a nice stroll in San Gimignano, there is a lovely atmosphere in town, especially if you walk the backstreets of this village characterized by the presence of several tower-houses still standing since 1100 arriving also at 60-70 mt. height.
Price per person € 215,00 calculated on a base of 4 participants.
If your party is smaller or bigger, we will send you a customized quotation.
- Private tour
- Minimum #1 maximum #8 participants. If you have a bigger party we will arrange for you a bespoke program.
- Full day English speaking driver.
- Comfortable A/C minivan.
- Lunch in restaurant or local winery
- Local tour guide
- Museum tickets. We can make reservation/purchasing of skip-the-line tickets
- Tips (optional).
- Meeting point: Livorno cruise terminal or nearby the ship.
- Duration: 9 hours
- Activity Level: Light: no special skills are required and even people without a fitness base will enjoy these trips. The guided walks take place mostly on flat or slightly sloping surfaces, with a possibility of few steps to climb. If there are people with certain disabilities or needing to move with the wheelchair, please inform us, we will design a tour fitting your needs.
- The tour runs with rain or shine, but in case of weather alert the tour can be modified or canceled.
- Advised clothing: comfortable shoes and clothes, sunglasses, hat/cap, sunscreen.
Need more customization?
Send us your requests!
Are you a larger group?
Wish to modify the itinerary?
Wish to add or cut some stages?
Need car/coach transfers?
Wish to have more rest days?