Private tour with local guide for learning how to make the authentic pesto sauce and visiting the 5 Terre villages.
The essence of the Cinque Terre lies in the pesto sauce as the symbol of self-subsistence living. For this reasons, we offer you a day visiting some Cinque Terre villages during which the morning is dedicated to the exploration of one village, later start the pesto-making class discovers all the secrets of the authentic recipe by using the original ingredients: basil, pine nuts, olive oil, garlic and cheese. Afterward, have a light lunch in such nice location overlooking the sea.
In the afternoon keep on exploring the other villages moving by train. Visit Riomaggiore together with your guide, walk all the way along the high path that overlooks the village and from where admire the whole coastline of the 5 Terre. After some free time still by train move to Vernazza, guided visit of this charming village followed by a good gelato tasting.
- Private walking tour of Manarola, Riomaggiore, Vernazza with pesto making class.
- In outstanding location learn how to make the home made pesto sauce, and compare with the industrial one.
- Enjoy a light lunch with your pesto, olives, anchovies, cheese, bruschetta and wine.
- English speaking local guide.
- Stunning views walking the high part of the villages.
- Move by train for smoother transfers between the villages.
Meet your private tour guide in La Spezia (or in another fixed place) and take the train to Manarola, one of the most charming villages of the five. Once arrived take a walk all the way up to St. Lawrence church to enjoy the view fro up there and maybe stroll in the vineyards and learn more about the wine growing.
At he end of the walk arrive at the marina, and start the pesto class. Learn more from Simone about the classic ingredients needed for making home made pesto sauce: basil, pine nuts, olive oil, garlic, cheese, marble mortar, pestle and your muscles! Know more about the history of pesto and during the making some local 5 Terre wine will be served to refresh yourselves. At the end compare the pesto that you made with an industrial one………no contest!!!
After the class a light lunch will be served in same location: your pesto where dip some bruschetta, tomatoes, olives, anchovies, cheese and cold cuts with some more 5 Terre white wine.
After lunch walk off the food moving by train to Riomaggiore, take the high path that crowns the village and then walk all the way down the main street as ar as the marina. Some free time follows.
Another train to reach Vernazza, here explore its shady intimate alleys and if you ike climb some flight of steps to reach a nice view point overlooking the harbor. At the end enjoy a tasty gelato.
Price per person € 205,00 calculated on a base of 4 participants.
If your party is smaller or bigger, we will send you a customized quotation.
- Private tour
- Minimum #1 maximum #8 participants. If you have a bigger party we will arrange for you a bespoke program.
- Cinque Terre train day pass
- English speaking tour guide.
- Pesto making class.
- Light lunch (bruschetta, pesto sauce, olives, tomatoes, cheese, cold cuts, water, wine).
- Artisanal gelato.
- Boat ride
- Other extras not listed above
- Tips (optional)
- Meeting point: La Spezia train station. Other pick up place on request.
- Duration: 7 hours
- Manarola, Riomaggiore, Vernazza will be visited. If there is enough time another village can be included.
- Activity Level: moderate. The walking tours involve some up/downhill walking, climb 3-4 flights of stairs in necessary, hop on and off trains.
- Unfortunately, this tour is not suitable for people with a wheelchair or reduced mobility. In this case, let us know your needs, we will design a lighter version of the tour.
- In case of rough sea or inclement weather, the class could be canceled or moved to another village.
- Advised clothing: comfortable shoes and clothes, sunglasses, hat/cap, sunscreen
Need more customization?
Send us your requests!
Are you a larger group?
Wish to modify the itinerary?
Wish to add or cut some stages?
Need car/coach transfers?
Wish to have more rest days?