Portofino trekking. Private active tour with local expert hiking guide from Santa Margherita to San Fruttuoso and Portofino
The natural park of Portofino offers plenty of footpaths that allow in one day to walk along scenic trails enjoying one of the most beautiful places in the Italian Riviera. You may choose to depart from Santa Margherita and get to the other side to Camogli, or even do the ring of Portofino promontory that allows enjoying outstanding views of the entire coastline, visiting of San Fruttuoso and Portofino.
You can even organize multiple hiking days remaining in the area of Portofino or matching these itineraries with the ones that we organize in 5 Terre https://www.lunaetours.com/tour/cinque-terre-and-portofino-hiking-tour/
This itinerary is one of the most scenics and starts from Santa Margherita, after approx 2,5/3 hour hiking reach San Fruttuoso (UNESCO site) reachable on foot and by boat only. have a lunch break here then choose if getting to Portofino by boat or by feet.
- Private hiking tour with expert guide.
- Explore the Portofino Natural Park, uncontaminated nature and stunning views.
- Visit Santa Margherita, San Fruttuoso (UNESCO site), Portofino.
- Boat ride from San Fruttuoso to Portofino/St. Margherita.
- Light lunch break and gelato.
Meet your guide in Santa Margherita and after have purchased some snacks in a local bakery (cheese focaccia, vegetable pies, local biscuits) for lunch, hit the path to San Fruttuoso. It is one of the most scenic, runs along the ridge through pine woods and lush Mediterranean vegetation. After approx 2,5/3 hours of challenging hiking arrive in San Fruttuoso (UNESCO site) tiny village characterized by its ancient abbey built by the Benedictine to the XI° century.
After a break for lunch and relax a while, choose if taking the boat to reach Portofino or hike for another 2 hours to get there.
Price per person € 125,00 calculated on a base of 4 participants.
If your party is smaller or bigger, we will send you a customized quotation.
- Private tour
- Minimum #1 maximum #15 participants. If you have a bigger party we will arrange for you a bespoke program.
- Full day English speaking environmental tour guide.
- Boat tickets
- Snacks for lunch and gelato
- Car/coach transfer to Santa Margherita
- Full meal in a restaurant
- Other extras not listed above
- Tips (optional).
- Meeting point: Santa Margherita train station. Another meeting point can be fixed on request.
- Duration: 8 hours
- Activity Level: challenging. you should be able to hike up to 5 hours on uneven footpaths, with gravel and rocks, high elevation gain and plenty of steps.
- The tour runs with rain or shine, but in case of weather alert the tour can be modified or canceled.
- Mandatory clothing: comfortable clothes, sunglasses, hat/cap, sunscreen, backpack with water, hiking boots/shoes.
Need more customization?
Send us your requests!
Are you a larger group?
Wish to modify the itinerary?
Wish to add or cut some stages?
Need car/coach transfers?
Wish to have more rest days?