Cruise shore trip from La Spezia and Portovenere to the Italian gourmet valley: Parmigiano cheese and Parma prosciutto.
Meet up your tour guide at the La Spezia harbor and set off for a delicious day in one of the main Italian destinations for foodies: Parma. This is such a lovely town, clean pretty ordered, rich of architectures and monuments, easy to explore on foot and with many opportunities for doing Italian brabds shopping.
The tour includes also the visiting of a Parmigiano cheese factory in order to know more about the making of it and of course taste its unique flavor. After the cheese will be tasted and visited the place where the Prosciutto di Parma is made and aged.
- Tour of the Parma food valley private driver***
- Learn more about the making of Parmigiano cheese and Prosciutto di Parma.
- Visit of Parma town center.
- Discover the hilly around Parma, castles, medieval villages, gentle hills.
- Parmigiano cheese and Prosciutto tastings.
- Free time for shopping.
Meet your driver at the cruise facility in La Spezia/Portovenere and depart to Parma food valley. We start the day with a visit to a cheese maker to learn how the world-renown Parmigiano Reggiano is produced and of course to taste it! We will discover the long history of this product that has its origins in the Middle Ages and that today is still produced following the same ancient techniques. In fact it has been granted the PDO (Protected Denomination of Origin) certification.
We then move to the historic centre of the elegant Parma, with its wonderful Piazza Duomo where the Romanesque Cathedral and the pink marble octagonal Baptistery are. Here you will have time for a self-guided visit of the city and for some shopping.
Next stop is a local wine farm where we will stop for a delicious lunch. Afterwards visit the farm and taste its wonderful PDO Parma ham (Prosciutto di Parma), one of the icons of this area and of the Italian made products exported all over the world.
After this delight for the senses we will head back to La Spezia to be on time at the cruise.
Price per person € 145,00 calculated on a base of 5 participants.
If your party is smaller or bigger, we will send you a customized quotation.
- Private tour
- Minimum #1 maximum #15 participants. If you have a bigger party contact us for a custom tour.
- Transportation: minivan with English speaking driver
- Visit of a Parmigiano cheese factory with tasting.
- Visit of Prosciutto di Parma factory with tasting.
- Meeting point La Spezia cruise terminal. Make sure to catch the shuttle bus (free) from the ship in order to reach the meeting point. The driver will be waiting holding a sign with your name.
- Duration: 8 hours
- Activity Level: light
- Suitable also for people with reduced mobility.
- Advised clothing: comfortable shoes and clothes, sunglasses, hat/cap, sunscreen
- Local tour guide
- Other extras not listed above
Need more customization?
Send us your requests!
Are you a larger group?
Wish to modify the itinerary?
Wish to add or cut some stages?
Need car/coach transfers?
Wish to have more rest days?