Pisa and Lucca, cruise shore excursion from the port of Livorno with English speaking driver-guide
When your cruise ships docks in Livorno, if you are looking for something interesting not too far from the port of Pisa and Lucca, are the right option for a shore trip. Your shore excursion from Livorno to Pisa and Lucca permits to admire one of the “eight wonders” in the world: the Leaning Tower of Pisa! Everyone has seen tons of pictures of it, but the wonder once you step into Piazza Dei Miracoli and admire this amazing architecture, is indescribable!!!
After some time spent in Pisa dedicate even more time to Lucca, it is such a charming town! Here you breathe a relaxed atmosphere, inside the walls practically no cars so it’s easy to walk or bike around the streets and squares ornated by elegant monuments, churches and palaces.
For lunch break, nothing better than a ride in the countryside for visiting a wine farm and there have a light lunch with wine and olive oil tasting, or even a cooking class!
- Private tour.
- Personal English speaking driver.
- Comfortable A/C minivan.
- Car sightseeing of Pisa and Lucca.
- Free time in Lucca for visiting the highlights at your own pace, the driver provides maps and info.
- Visit the Leaning Tower of Pisa square.
Meet your driver-guide at the Livorno harbor you will head straight to Lucca, hometown of Puccini. Free time in Lucca for a self-guided walk of the pedestrian historic centre encompassing the main sights of this beautiful city such as: – St. Martin’s Cathedral, house of two important pilgrimage symbols: the stone labyrinth and the Holy Face; – Piazza Anfiteatro, elliptical square built on the Roman amphitheatre and representing today the icon of the city; – Piazza San Michele where St. Michael’s Church stands with its characteristic façade featuring columns of all different shapes and colors. You can also choose to rent a bike and ride along the medieval walls, which is a very popular activity in Lucca both for locals and tourists.
Ready to move on and visit a local winery where you will enjoy an exceptional wine tasting and lunch.
We leave Lucca and head to Pisa where you will have one hour free to wander through the Piazza dei Miracoli. Marvel at the world-renowned leaning tower (possibility to climb the tower but advisable to book it in advance!), but also the Santa Maria Assunta Cathedral, icon of the Romanesque Pisan style with Byzantine and Islamic touch, and the San Giovanni Baptistery, the biggest in Italy, that houses a stunning pulpit by Nicola Pisano.
Meeting at 4 pm to drive back to your cruise.
If you’d rather prefer to hire a local guide, or arrange a cooking class in Lucca, just let us know! We will set up a bespoke program designed upon your wishes.
Price per person € 190,00 calculated on a base of 4 participants.
If your party is smaller or bigger, we will send you a customized quotation.
- Private tour
- Minimum #1 maximum #8 participants. If you have a bigger party we will arrange for you a bespoke program.
- Full day English speaking driver.
- Comfortable A/C minivan.
- Wine tasting/light lunch in a wine farm.
- Local tour guide
- Museum tickets. We can make reservation/purchasing of skip-the-line tickets
- Tips (optional).
- Meeting point: Livorno cruise facility or nearby the ship.
- Duration: 9 hours
- Activity Level: Light: no special skills are required and even people without a fitness base will enjoy these trips. The guided walks take place mostly on flat or slightly sloping surfaces, with a possibility of few steps to climb. If there are people with certain disabilities or needing to move with the wheelchair, please inform us, we will design a tour fitting your needs.
- The tour runs with rain or shine, but in case of weather alert the tour can be modified or canceled.
- Advised clothing: comfortable shoes and clothes, sunglasses, hat/cap, sunscreen.
Need more customization?
Send us your requests!
Are you a larger group?
Wish to modify the itinerary?
Wish to add or cut some stages?
Need car/coach transfers?
Wish to have more rest days?