Florence and Pisa private cruise shore excursion from the port of Marina di Carrara.
Private tours from Marina di Carrara port to Florence and Pisa for small and large groups by car, minivan or coach.
Don’t miss the opportunity to admire the highlights of Florence: Piazza del Duomo, Piazza della Signoria, Ponte Vecchio and the amazing Leaning Tower of Pisa in one day.
PRIVATE TOURS DETAILS
- Private tour by car or minivan.
- Personal English-speaking driver.
- Pick-up and drop of at the port.
- Drop off in Florence and Pisa town center very close to the main monuments.
- Visit the highlights of Florence on your own, the driver provides maps and info.
- Photo stop at the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
- Free time for lunch/shopping in Florence.
- Lunch/wine tasting opportunity in a Chianti winery with a ride in the Tuscan countryside.
Meet your driver at the Marina di Carrara cruise facility and set off straight for Florence.
First stop Piazzale Michelangelo that is an esplanade from where it’s possible to admire the whole town of Florence and recognize all its famous monuments that make the iconic skyline of the town.
Proceed with your car sightseeing tour to Santa Croce church where Michelangelo is buried and end up by the Duomo of Florence. Get off here and have time to explore on your own the heart of Florence at tour own pace: Piazza Della Signoria with the world-famous town hall “Palazzo Vecchio“, built in the 1300s to be the seat of the Florentine Republic and turned in the 1500s into the private residence of the powerful Medici family; Ponte Vecchio the oldest bridge of Florence full of jewelry shops; Piazza del Duomo, commanded by the huge Florentine cathedral, the 110 m-tall Brunelleschi Cupola, the 84 m-tall Giotto bell tower and the octagonal baptistery covered in white and green marble.
Free time for lunch or for some shopping before heading to Pisa.
For those who love Tuscan wines, there is the opportunity to have a snack lunch/wine tasting in a Chianti winery located just outside Florence.
On the way back quick stop in Pisa to marvel at the amazing Piazza dei Miracoli and to take a picture holding the world-famous leaning tower.
- 2 hours local tourist guide in Florence.
- Tour escort for the whole day departing from Marina di Carrara.
- Museum tickets reservation (not advised since you haven’t plenty of time available).
- Lunch in restaurant or wine tasting lunch in a winery.
*** Drivers are professional chauffeurs fully licensed for the commercial transportation of people, they are reliable, informative and entertaining.
He/she has a good knowledge of the areas and the whole country, during the trip provides information about the history, the culture, the spirit of the region and relative sights.
During the tour he/she drives guests as close as possible to each town/village and provides (if necessary), maps, timetables and information for making guests enjoy the area at their own pace.
He/she can point out the right restaurants or will simply ensure that guests get out of their trip whatever you are looking for, fun, culture, sights, landscapes, shopping etc.
Remember that he/she is not allowed explain in the historical city centers and inside museum, churches, etc.”
- Meeting point: Marina di Carrara port.
- Duration: 9 hours. The schedule is detailed according to the time of arrival/departure of the ship. Generally we design the program in order to arrive at least 1/1,5 hours before the “all aboard”.
- Activity Level: Light: no special skills are required and even people without a fitness base will enjoy this trip. This tour is suitable also by people with impaired mobility or wheelchair. If you are tired the driver can pick you up (almost) everywhere you are in the town center.
- The tour runs with rain or shine, but in case of weather alert the tour can be modified or canceled.
- Advised clothing: comfortable shoes and clothes, sunglasses, hat/cap, sunscreen.