Pisa and Lucca private cruise shore excursion from the port of Marina di Carrara.
Private tours from Marina di Carrara port to Pisa and Lucca for small and large groups by car, minivan or coach.
Don’t miss the opportunity to admire one of the eight wonders in the world by visiting the Miracles Field with the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Cathedral and the Baptistery. Totally unmissable is the visit of Lucca, stylish, elegant, authentic, birthplace of Giacomo Puccini, enjoy its unique ambiance by walking around the backstreets, the main squares and don’t forget to savor the local specialties.
PRIVATE TOURS DETAILS
- Private tour by car or minivan.
- Personal English-speaking driver.
- Pick-up and drop of at the port.
- Drop off in Pisa and Lucca town center very close to the main monuments.
- Visit the highlights of Pisa and Lucca on your own, the driver provides maps and info.
- Free time for lunch/shopping in Lucca.
- Lunch/wine tasting opportunity in a winery of Lucca countryside.
Meet your driver at the Marina di Carrara port and head straight to Lucca, hometown of Giacomo Puccini.
Free time in Lucca for a self-guided walk of the pedestrian historic center encompassing the main sights of this beautiful city such as: – St. Martin’s Cathedral, house of two important pilgrimage symbols: the stone labyrinth and the Holy Face; – Piazza Anfiteatro, elliptical square built on the Roman amphitheater and representing today the icon of the city; – Piazza San Michele where St. Michael’s Church stands with its characteristic façade featuring columns of all different shapes and colors. You can also choose to rent a bike and ride along the medieval walls, which is a very popular activity in Lucca both for locals and tourists.
At lunchtime, you may choose to savor some food specialties in a local osteria, or move to the countryside and enjoy a lunch/wine tasting in a wine farm.
After lunch, we head to Pisa where you will have one hour free to wander through the Piazza dei Miracoli. Marvel at the world-renowned leaning tower (possibility to climb the tower but advisable to book it in advance!), but also the Santa Maria Assunta Cathedral, icon of the Romanesque Pisan style with Byzantine and Islamic touch, and the San Giovanni Baptistery, the biggest in Italy, that houses a stunning pulpit by Nicola Pisano.
Afterward head back to the port.
- 2 hours local tourist guide in Lucca.
- Tour escort for the whole day departing from Marina di Carrara.
- Museum tickets reservation (not advised since you haven’t plenty of time available).
- Lunch in restaurant or wine tasting lunch in a winery.
*** Drivers are professional chauffeurs fully licensed for the commercial transportation of people, they are reliable, informative and entertaining.
He/she has a good knowledge of the areas and the whole country, during the trip provides information about the history, the culture, the spirit of the region and relative sights.
During the tour he/she drives guests as close as possible to each town/village and provides (if necessary), maps, timetables and information for making guests enjoy the area at their own pace.
He/she can point out the right restaurants or will simply ensure that guests get out of their trip whatever you are looking for, fun, culture, sights, landscapes, shopping etc.
Remember that he/she is not allowed explain in the historical city centers and inside museum, churches, etc.”
- Meeting point: Marina di Carrara port.
- Duration: 9 hours. The schedule is detailed according to the time of arrival/departure of the ship. Generally we design the program in order to arrive at least 1/1,5 hours before the “all aboard”.
- Activity Level: Light: no special skills are required and even people without a fitness base will enjoy this trip. This tour is suitable also by people with impaired mobility or wheelchair. If you are tired the driver can pick you up (almost) everywhere you are in the town center.
- The tour runs with rain or shine, but in case of weather alert the tour can be modified or canceled.
- Advised clothing: comfortable shoes and clothes, sunglasses, hat/cap, sunscreen.