Cycling tour in Cinque Terre and Tuscany, that stretches from the cliffs of the Mediterranean up to the mountains tops
This bicycle tour has been designed for lover of epic enterprises, uncontaminated nature and eager to new food routes. The cycling tour starts from the shores of northern Tuscany and proceeds to through the National Park of Cinque Terre as far as Varese Ligure, a quaint village immersed in the greenery of the Apennines. Then start the climb of the mountains, enjoy the scenery of green fields, woods and plenty grazing cows pedaling through Borgotaro and Berceto. This is the land where is made the Parmigiano cheese. Once arrived at destination enjoy one rest day during which visit a Parmigiano factory and a Prosciutto factory. Afterwards proceed with the Tuscany and Cinque Terre bike tour crossing other mountain passes as far as the hearth of Garfagnana, the region inland of Lucca. The day after, the last effort riding between castles and fortified towns all the way down to Castelnuovo Garfagnana and then keep riding back home.
- Face the legendary climbs of Cinque Terre and of the Apennines.
- Tour guides are former professional cyclists.
- Enjoy the pleasure of fatigue rewarded by unique scenarios.
- From the blue sea of 5 Terre up to the mountains heights dotted by castles and parishes.
- Experience local wines and visit the land of Parmigiano Reggiano and Prosciutto di Parma.
- 5 days – Approx 250 km – Ascent 7500 m. – Descent 7500 m. – OUR ACTIVITY LEVEL GUIDE
- Supporting van.
Feel free always to enquire a further customization of the tours, according to your physical conditions, your desires or experience.
Day 1 – The Tuscany and 5 Terre bike tour starts soon facing the climbs of Cinque Terre, afterwards keep on riding as far as Varese Ligure immersed in the so-called “organic valley”.
Day 2 – The day after climb the Centro Croci pass (one hundreds crosses pass) and get into the so-called “food valley” where Parmigiano and Prosciutto di Parma are made. Keep cycling through Berceto and end up near Corniglio.
Day 3 – Rest day, you might choose to relax in the hotel or visit a Parmigiano and Prosciutto di Parma factory located in the area.
Day 4 – The Apennines experience continues by riding along the mountain ridge as far as the Cerreto pass that leads you back to Tuscany in Lunigiana area. The mountains are more gentle and now you pedal between old parishes and medieval villages as far Gramolazzo lake.
Day 5 – The last day of mountains includes the Garfagnana area that offers outstanding views over the mountains and its castles built to watch the main routes. After a visit of Castelnuovo Garfagnana descend towards the sea to Carrara.
Price per person € 840,00 calculated on a base of 10 participants.
If your party is smaller or bigger, we will send you a customized quotation.
- Private tour with your own bicycle
- Minimum #1 maximum #15 participants (advised)
- 4 nights in hotels in half board treatment.
- Mechanical assistance
- Support van for the whole tour.
- Former professional cyclist as your tour guide.
- Light lunches and food and wine tasting en route
NOTICE: the prices are subjected to reconfirmation, because hotel rates may change according to the period of the bike tour.
- Rental bikes: available road bikes, mountains bikes, e-bikes
- Car/coach transfer.
- Flight to Italy
- Other extras not listed above
- Starting point Carrara. Other meeting point on request.
- Duration: 5 days
- Total length: approx. 250 km
- Total ascent: 7500 mt.
- Total descent: 7500 mt.
- Type of road: paved
- Activity Level: from challenging to strenuous.
- Advised clothing: cycling garment with mandatory helmet.
Need more customization?
Send us your requests!
Are you a larger group?
Wish to modify the itinerary?
Wish to add or cut some stages?
Need car/coach transfers?
Wish to have more rest days?