Bike tour in Tuscany discovering Elba island and the Etruscan Riviera: blue sea, white sandy beaches, good food and wine and some sweat
Italy bike tour in Tuscany to exploring Elba island and the Etruscan Riviera. The tour starts from this region located south of Leghorn: sandy beaches, gentle hills, lush vegetation, good food and superb wines. The bike ride stretches up the coast of the Etruscans, former population settled in Tuscany. Explore Populonia, one of their ancient towns and taste the outstanding wines of Bolgheri like Ornellaia and Sassicaia. Another day of your Tuscany bike tour is focused on exploring Massa Marittima and surroundings, such a pleasant landscape that stretches from the seaside up to those scenic hilltop towns.
The day after take the ferry to Elba island and and spend two days here. The Elba island bike tour starts in Portoferraio and stretches partly on the hills and partly by the sea. White sandy beaches, lush and uncontaminated Mediterranean vegetation and a varied route, permit to enjoy one a memorable cycling tour of the Elba island. On the way definitely stop for a couple of snacks and don’t miss to visit Portoferraio at your return, it is very nice.
- Cycle Elba island and its inland at slow pace.
- Tour guides are former professional cyclists.
- Pedal along the same routes of professional teams during the training period.
- Uncontaminated landscapes, lush vegetation, crystal blue sea.
- Discover the rolling hills of Massa Marittima and Bolgheri, famous for their wines.
- Experience local food specialties.
- 4 days – Approx 300 km – Ascent 3500 m. – Descent 3500 m. – OUR ACTIVITY LEVEL GUIDE
- Supporting van.
Feel free always to inquire a further customization of the tours, according to your physical conditions, your desires or experience.
Day 1 – Cycling through the Coast of the Etruscans as far as Populonia, famous for its necropolis and now splendid fortress on the cliffs. Keep on biking as far as Bolgheri for tasting its Super Tuscan wines.
Day 2 – This bike ride is dedicated to the hills surrounding Massa Marittima, stunning town built on a hilltop overlooking the sea from the distance. Unmissable is the main square with the cathedral.
Day 3 – Elba island bike tour starts in Portoferraio and from here explore the west side of the island with Marciana marina and some interesting climbs. Don’t miss to visit the National Museum of Napoleon the French Emperor.
Day 4 – Another day dedicated to the Elba island, this time the east side will be explored with Rio and Porto Azzurro.
Price per person € 750,00 calculated on a base of 10 participants.
If your party is smaller or bigger, we will send you a customized quotation.
- Private tour with your own bicycle
- Minimum #1 maximum #15 participants (advised)
- 4 nights in bike hotels in half board treatment.
- Mechanical assistance
- Former professional cyclist as your tour guide.
- Light lunches and food and wine tasting en route.
- Support van
NOTICE: the prices are subjected to reconfirmation, because hotel rates may change according to the period of the bike tour.
- Rental bikes: available road bikes, mountains bikes, e-bikes
- Car/coach transfers to the starting point
- Eventual flights to Italy
- Other extras not listed above
- Starting point Venturina. Other departure place on request.
- Duration: 4 days
- Stage duration: each one take approx. 6 hours including time for breaks and photo-stops. We considered an average speed of 20 km/hr.
- Total length: approx. 320 km
- Total ascent: 3400 mt.
- Total descent: 3400 mt.
- Type of road: paved
- Activity Level: from intermediate to challenging.
- Advised clothing: cycling garment with mandatory helmet. Otherwise: T-shirt-Sweater-Wind-breaker-Sneakers-Sunscreen-Sunglasses
Need more customization?
Send us your requests!
Are you a larger group?
Wish to modify the itinerary?
Wish to add or cut some stages?
Need car/coach transfers?
Wish to have more rest days?