This tour is perfect for those who want to explore the Cinque Terre villages without necessarily hiking the trails.
This urban trekking tour aims to match the wish of many people to do some activity but don’t want to hike the trails because they are too tough and you risk to get exhausted and totally sweat for the rest of the day. As urban trekking we mean to do the walking tour of the villages in a challenging way, therefore not just strolling along the busy main streets, but walk the backstreets, walk the high paths that crown some of the villages, climb some flight of steps.
In short, move your legs, but if your tired sit down and have a glass of wine!
The walking tour includes the exploration of 3/4 villages (Riomaggiore, Manarola, Vernazza, Monterosso) with your tour guide for having an insight view of this UNESCO site, between the villages you will move by train and by private boat for beating the crowd on the ferries and piers and admire the stunning views of the coast from the seaside.
- Private urban trekking tour with local tour guide.
- Explore the 5 Terre villages doing some physical activity.
- Walk the back streets and enjoy the atmosphere of the villages.
- Stunning views by reaching reach panoramic places on top of the villages.
- Walk the path rings away from the busy main streets.
- Wine tasting with snacks.
- Move easily by train between the villages.
Meet your tour guide in La Spezia train station and take the train to Riomaggiore, here hit the path that starts from the train station and stretches uphill around the village towards the old side of the village. On the way enjoy the view of the Via dell’Amore (still closed due to a rock slide) and of the entire coastline of 5 Terre. Then visit the ancient church of St. John the Baptist and walk down the main street as far as the marina. Free time follows.
Afterwards take the train to reach Manarola, where walk up the main street to reach the St. Lawrence church, from where hit the path that stretches through the vineyards as far as the marina. Here learn more about the local traditional human activity: the wine growing, then have a taste of the local wines with some snacks.
Another train to reach Monterosso around lunch time. Once arrived take a walk along the walkway by the sea from the new towards the old side of the village where walk through olive and lemon trees as far the monastery overlooking the village. Then visit the local Oratorio of the 1600 ornate by mysterious sculptures. Free time for lunch or for enjoying the beach.
In the afternoon take the train to Vernazza, here soon escape from the main street and reach the view point overlooking the village from where take the iconic picture of Vernazza. Once returned on the main street have good (deserved gelato). Free time follows.
Price per person € 125,00 calculated on a base of 8 participants.
If your party is smaller or bigger, we will send you a customized quotation.
- Private tour
- Minimum #1 maximum #15 participants. If you have a bigger party we will arrange for you a bespoke program.
- Full day English speaking tour guide.
- Cinque Terre cards train day pass.
- Cinque Terre glass of wine and gelato.
- Boat tour
- Car/coach transfer
- Other extras not listed above
- Tips (optional)
- Meeting point: La Spezia train station. Another meeting point can be fixed on requets.
- Duration: 7 hours
- Activity Level: moderate. The walking tours involve some up/down hill walking, climb flights of stairs if necessary, hop on and off trains.
- Unfortunately this tour is not suitable for people with wheelchair or reduced mobility. In this case let us know your needs, we will design a lighter version of the tour.
- The tour runs with rain or shine, but in case of weather alert the tour can be modified or canceled.
- Advised clothing: comfortable shoes and clothes, sunglasses, hat/cap, sunscreen.
Need more customization?
Send us your requests!
Are you a larger group?
Wish to modify the itinerary?
Wish to add or cut some stages?
Need car/coach transfers?
Wish to have more rest days?