Walking tour suitable for individuals and large groups of the 5 Terre and Portovenere.
Discover the beauties of Riomaggiore, Vernazza, Monterosso and Portovenere moving by train and by boat.
It is a full day tour suitable for small and large groups that starts in La Spezia and permits in a full day the visiting of the enchanting villages of 5 Terre moving by train and reach by boat Portovenere riding along the coast to admire those daring villages hanging on the cliffs. Cinque Terre and Portovenere are both UNESCO sites and will be visited in the morning moving by train between the villages and in the afternoon taking the ferry and doing the coastal navigation as far as Portovenere.
In the late afternoon return to La Spezia still by boat.
Meet your tour guide in La Spezia train station and take the train to Riomaggiore, walk along the high path that leads from the newer to the older side of the village. From up there stretch your sight all along the coast of 5 Terre and see also the Via dell’Amore (still closed due to a rock slide). Finally hit the main street that goes all the way down to the sea, from the marina you can take one of the best pictures of the village.
Train to Vernazza, another lovely village. They all look the same, but each one has its peculiarities. The alleys of Vernazza are something special, set like a maze, they bring you back in time to the origin of these communities.
Arrive in Monterosso around lunch time, and soon savor some delicacies in a local restaurant together with some good Cinque Terre white wine. Afterwards have a guided visit of the village and free time to explore the largest of the five villages.
In the mid afternoon take the boat from Monterosso to Portovenere that is considered the gateway of Cinque Terre. Built by Genoa (when Cinque Terre did not exist yet) in a strategical location, Portovenere was set like a fortress with the castle on top of the mountain and the village by the sea with the unique Palazzata: a long line of tower-houses set on purpose for defending the village.
After the guided visit and some free time take another ferry to La Spezia.
Price per person € 110,00 calculated on a base of 15 participants.
If your party is smaller or bigger, we will send you a customized quotation.
- Private tour
- Minimum #1 maximum #25 participants. If you have a bigger party we will arrange for you a bespoke program.
- Full day English speaking tour guide.
- Cinque Terre cards train day pass.
- Boat ticket.
- Light lunch in local restaurant: mix of appetizers, pasta with pesto sauce, dessert, water, glass of wine.
- Other extras not listed above.
- Car/coach transfer.
- Tips (optional).
- Meeting point: La Spezia.
- Arrival point La Spezia ferry terminal.
- If a car/coach transfer is needed we can arrange one.
- Duration: 8 hours
- Activity Level: moderate. The walking tours involve some up/down hill walking, climb flights of stairs if necessary, hop on and off trains.
- Unfortunately this tour is not suitable for people with wheelchair or reduced mobility. In this case let us know your needs, we will design a lighter version of the tour.
- The tour runs with rain or shine, but in case of weather alert the tour can be modified or canceled.
- Advised clothing: comfortable shoes and clothes, sunglasses, hat/cap, sunscreen.
Are you on a cruise?
Need to customize the itinerary?
Need to find accommodation?
Need private transfers?
Send us your requests!