Private food on foot walking tour. Savor the authentic flavors of this region during the exploration of the villages.
Guided walk of Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia and Monterosso. Don’t miss the opportunity to learn more about the 5 Terre through its traditional flavors, this is more true in Italy where are existing so many variety of regional cuisine where wines match perfectly with local foods. During the tour, according to the availability of the day, will be tasted some local foods like the Ligurian focaccia, olives, anchovies, pesto sauce, farinata, home made gelato. Very unique are the wines, basically whites the Cinque Terre offer either table and the famous dessert wine called Sciacchetrà.
- Private food on foot guided walk.
- Slow pace tour with free time in every village.
- Visit the 4 out of 5 Terre villages with your English speaking guide.
- Taste in every village different foods and wines.
- Move easily by train between the villages.
- Happy ending with a good gelato tasting.
Meet your tour guide in La Spezia train station and take the train to Riomaggiore, here walk the footpath that goes uphill around the mountain towards the old side of the village. On the way enjoy the view of the Via dell’Amore (still closed due to a rock slide) and of the entire coastline of 5 Terre. Then visit the ancient church of St. John the Baptist and once arrived on the main street have a the first food tasting in one of the local eateries.
Train to Manarola, where you might like to walk in the vineyards and learn more about the local white wines and, naturally have a taste of them with some olives and bruschetta.
Still by train get to Corniglia, its’ the smallest of the five but really charming and always quieter that the others. After the visit have some free time for lunch or just have a snack with another glass of wine.
Another train to reach Monterosso in the afternoon, enjoy a walk along the walkway by the sea from the new towards the old side of the village where visit the local Oratorio of the 1600 ornate by mysterious sculptures and finally enjoy a good home made gelato.
Price per person € 120,00 calculated on a base of 5 participants.
If your party is smaller or bigger, we will send you a customized quotation.
- Private tour
- Minimum #1 maximum #8 participants. If you have a bigger party we will arrange for you a bespoke program.
- Full day English speaking tour guide.
- Cinque Terre cards train day pass.
- Food and gelato tastings.
- Table wine and sweet wine tastings.
- Boat tour
- Car transfer
- Other extras not listed above
- Tips (optional).
- Meeting point: La Spezia train station. Another meeting point can be fixed on request.
- Duration: 7 hours
- Activity Level: moderate. The walking tours involve some up/down hill walking, climb flights of stairs if necessary, hop on and off trains.
- There will be a tasting in every village (food, wine or gelato) but please don’t consider the food tastings a substitute for lunch.
- Unfortunately this tour is not suitable for people with wheelchair or reduced mobility. In this case let us know your needs, we will design a lighter version of the tour.
- The tour runs with rain or shine, but in case of weather alert the tour can be modified or canceled.
- Advised clothing: comfortable shoes and clothes, sunglasses, hat/cap, sunscreen.
Need more customization?
Send us your requests!
Are you a larger group?
Wish to modify the itinerary?
Wish to add or cut some stages?
Need car/coach transfers?
Wish to have more rest days?