Cinque Terre and Portovenere private cruise shore excursion from the port of Marina di Carrara.
Private tours from Marina di Carrara port to 5 Terre and Portovenere for small and large groups with English-speaking driver.
Two amazing UNESCO sites, the Cinque Terre are even a National Park characterized by thousands terraces built throughout the centuries by the local farmers that frame those five tiny villages hanging on the cliffs.
Portovenere is another UNESCO site, naval base of Genoa, gateway to the 5 Terre, the village offers great architectures and a relaxed ambiance.
- Private tour of Portovenere, Manarola, Vernazza, Corniglia with English-speaking driver.
- Visit the best of 5 Terre and Portovenere on foot, by public boat and by car.
- Explore the hidden corners of the villages.
- Public boat tour to admire the magnificent views of the coastline.
- Breathtaking views traveling on the panoramic road.
- Free time for enjoying the local flavors.
Meet your driver at the cruise facility in marina di Carrara, travel by private comfortable minivan along the Gulf of Poets side as far as Portovenere. It’s the oldest village of the area, fortified by Genoa in 1116 and considered the “gateway to the Cinque Terre”. Enjoy some time there on your own, then depart by public boat to the Cinque Terre.
Sail along the rugged coast and admire the villages from the seaside. First stop is Manarola, visit the village at your own pace, maybe climb all the way up the main street to St. Lawrence church, or just take the iconic picture of Manarola from Bonfiglio cape.
Take the boat again and sail to Vernazza. Disembark after approximately one hour and have time on your own for lunch to experience the local flavors. Don’t miss tasting the pasta al pesto, the pansotti with walnut sauce, the anchovies, the stuffed mussels, always accompanied by a glass of 5 Terre white wine.
In the afternoon, meet the driver and travel along the road to Corniglia, the smallest of the five towns. Here the atmosphere is always pleasant and nice, take your time for a good gelato then head back to Carrara.
*** Drivers are fully authorized in accordance with the Italian law.
Price per person € 180,00 calculated on a base of 5 participants.
If your party is smaller or bigger, we will send you a customized quotation.
- Private tour
- Minimum #1 maximum #14 participants. If you have a bigger party, we will arrange for you a bespoke program.
- Round trip transportation with A/C comfortable minivan.
- Professional English speaking driver-guide. He provides in depth information about the area, advises about restaurants or shopping and assists for meeting the public boat.
- One hour public boat ride along the coast (weather and sea permitting).
- Tourist guide
- Other extras not listed above
- Tips (optional)
- Meeting point: Marina di Carrara cruise facility.
- Duration: 9 hours
- Activity Level: moderate. The walking tours involve some up/down hill walking, climb 3-4 flights of stairs if necessary, step on and off of the boats and trains if needed.
- Unfortunately, this tour version is not suitable for people with wheelchair or reduced mobility. In this case let us know your needs, we will design a lighter version of the tour.
- In case of rough sea or inclement weather, the boat ride could be canceled. In that case, the tour takes place entirely by van or train.
- Advised clothing: comfortable shoes and clothes, sunglasses, hat/cap, sunscreen.
- The boat tour is available from Easter to All Saints. From November to March the tour takes place by minivan/train.Carrara