Hiking tour of the 5 Terre. A challenging guided walk on the trails of the Cinque Terre National Park.
An amazing experience hiking the cliff-side paths that connect the five villages; admire unique scenarios of the terraced vineyards and the deep blue sea in the distance; tasting some local specialties to experience the 5 Terre flavors.
There are more than 120 km of footpaths: the blue path that runs closer to the sea and through the villages, the red path (the longest one) that runs up high along the mountain ridge, and many other secondary trails that link the two major ones. You are spoiled for choice!
Here below we propose one sample hiking, feel free to customize it upon your desires.
- Private hiking tour with local guide.
- Explore some 5 Terre villages by hiking along the trails in between.
- Visit Manarola, Volastra, Corniglia, Vernazza.
- Stunning views by from the footpaths.
- Snack lunch/wine tasting included (focaccia, pesto, vegetable pies, bruschettas and 3 local wines).
- Move easily by train between the villages.
Meet your tour guide in La Spezia train station and take the train to Manarola, considered one of the gems of the 5 Terre. Hit the path immersed in century-old olive groves, see the village far in the distance and keep climbing the ridge that overlooks Manarola as far as Volastra a charming hamlet located halfway to Corniglia.
After a walk in the village, keep hiking along the trail that winds through daring vineyards built on top of miles of dry-stone-walls terraces.
After about 3,5 hrs hiking arrive in Corniglia, the smallest of the 5 Terre villages. Here savor the local specialties in a snack lunch/wine tasting.
In the afternoon, take the train and reach Vernazza, another lovely village. Here, have a stroll in the backstreets and maybe taste the local gelato before the train back to La Spezia.
The paths in 5 Terre are quite challenging, they present uneven terrain, steps, several up-down hills. That’s why proper gear and shoes are required and a certain physical preparation as well.
Other Cinque Terre Hiking proposals
- The path of the Santuaries: Monterosso, Soviore, Reggio, Vernazza. 4/5 hours
- The Vernazza-Monterosso trail. 2 hrs
- The longest run: Riomaggiore, Campiglia, Portovenere. 6/7 hours
Price per person € 145,00 calculated on a base of 5 participants.
If your party is smaller or bigger, we will send you a customized quotation.
- Private local hiking guide.
- Minimum #1 maximum #15 participants. If you are a bigger party, we will arrange for you a bespoke program.
- Cinque Terre train and pathway pass.
- Snack lunch/wine tasting.
- Boat tour
- Other extras not listed above
- Tips (optional).
- Meeting point: La Spezia train station. Another meeting point can be fixed on request.
- Duration: 7 hours
- Activity Level: challenging. You should be able to hike up to 4 hours on uneven footpaths, with gravels and rocks.
- The tour runs with rain or shine, but in case of weather alert, the tour can be modified or canceled.
- Advised clothing: hiking boots/shoes, proper clothes, sunglasses, hat/cap, sunscreen.