Chianti wine tour, cruise ship excursion from Livorno to the Tuscan countryside with wine tastings.
The Chianti is probably the most famous wine region in the world. Here people have been making wine for 2500 years, they accumulated knowledge and skills that together with the particular type of soil and the climatic conditions created such a unique wine district. What the French call terroir.
There are so many wineries and routes to travel that not even a month is enough to explore them. It’s possible to visit small family run wineries, modern wineries designed to achieve the perfection in wine aging, or traditional wine farms located in villas and castles.
In one day we will be able to visit of one winery and have light lunch with wine tasting. Hang around the countryside, stop in pretty tiny hilltop villages for a walk, or visit bigger towns like Greve in Chianti, Barberino Val d’Elsa, San Gimignano. Your driver-guide will assist you all day long, providing information about the landscape, the traditions, the history of the area.
- Private tour with English-speaking driver.
- Comfortable A/C minivan.
- Car sightseeing of Chianti wine region and San Gimignano.
- Guided visit to a winery with wine tastings.
- Lunch/wine tasting in a wine farm.
There is a big variety of routes to follow in the region, here you see a sample itinerary, feel free to customize it according to your interests or wishes.
Meet your driver in Livorno and journey to the first winery located into the very heart of the Chianti Classico Gallo Nero region. The guided visit will be followed by a wine tasting with some snacks.
Afterward, keep driving in through the Chianti rolling hills as far as a wine-farm. Here experience some local dishes paired with their own Chianti wines.
The afternoon could be spent to walk off the wine and the food hanging around San Gimignano or dedicated to the visit of another winery.
If you’d rather prefer to visit a particular wine region or modify this itinerary, just let us know! We will set up a bespoke program designed upon your wishes.
Price per person € 285,00 calculated on a base of 4 participants.
If your party is smaller or bigger, we will send you a customized quotation.
- Private tour
- Minimum #1 maximum #7 participants. If you have a bigger party we will arrange for you a bespoke program.
- Full day English-speaking driver.
- Comfortable A/C minivan.
- Winery visit with tasting.
- Lunch at a wine farm with wine tasting.
- Local tour guide
- Other winery visit.
- Tips (optional).
- Meeting point: Livorno cruise facility or nearby the ship.
- Duration: 9 hours
- Activity Level: Light: no special skills are required, and even people without a fitness base will enjoy these trips. The guided walks take place mostly on flat or slightly sloping surfaces, with a possibility of few steps to climb. If there are people with certain disabilities or needing to move with the wheelchair, please inform us, we will design a tour fitting your needs.
- The tour runs with rain or shine, but in case of weather alert the tour can be modified or canceled.
- Advised clothing: comfortable shoes and clothes, sunglasses, hat/cap, sunscreen.