Pisa and Lucca, cruise shore excursion from the port of Livorno with English speaking driver.
When your cruise ships docks in Livorno, if you are looking for something interesting not too far from the port, of Pisa and Lucca are the right option for a shore trip.
Your shore excursion from Livorno to Pisa and Lucca permits to admire one of the “eight wonders”, the Leaning Tower of Pisa! Everyone has seen tons of pictures of it, but the wonder once you step into Piazza Dei Miracoli and admire this amazing architecture, is indescribable!!!
After some time spent in Pisa dedicate even more time to Lucca, it is such a charming town! Here you breathe a relaxed atmosphere, inside the walls practically no cars so it’s easy to walk or bike around the streets and squares ornate by elegant monuments, churches, and palaces.
For lunch break, nothing better than a ride in the countryside for visiting a wine farm and there have a light lunch with wine and olive oil tasting.
Private tour with English-speaking driver.
Comfortable A/C minivan.
Light lunch and wine tasting.
Free time in Lucca for visiting the highlights at your own pace, the driver provides maps and info.
Visit the Leaning Tower of Pisa square.
Meet your driver at the Livorno harbor, and head straight to Lucca, hometown of Giacomo Puccini. Free time in Lucca for a self-guided walk of the pedestrian historic center including the main sights such as: St. Martin’s Cathedral, house of two important pilgrimage symbols: the stone labyrinth and the Holy Face; Piazza Anfiteatro, elliptical square built on the Roman amphitheater and representing today the icon of the city; Piazza San Michele where St. Michael’s Church stands with its characteristic façade featuring columns of all different shapes and colors. You can also choose to rent a bike and ride along the medieval walls, which is a very popular activity in Lucca both for locals and tourists.
Around lunchtime, ready to move on and visit a local winery, where you will enjoy an exceptional wine tasting and light lunch.
Afterward, we leave Lucca and head to Pisa where enjoying some time on your own free to wander through the Piazza dei Miracoli. Marvel at the world-renowned leaning tower (possibility to climb the tower but necessary to book in advance). Even Santa Maria Assunta Cathedral, icon of the Romanesque Pisan style, and San Giovanni Baptistery, the biggest in Italy, that houses a stunning pulpit by Nicola Pisano.
Price per person € 180,00 calculated on a base of 5 participants.
If your party is smaller or bigger, we will send you a customized quotation.
- Private tour
- Minimum #1 maximum #7 participants. If you have a bigger party we will arrange for you a bespoke program.
- Full day English-speaking driver.
- Comfortable A/C minivan.
- Wine tasting/light lunch in a wine farm.
- Local tourist guide.
- Museum tickets. We can make reservation/purchasing of skip-the-line tickets.
- Tips (optional).
- Meeting point: Livorno cruise facility or nearby the ship.
- Duration: 9 hours
- Activity Level: Light: no special skills are required and even people without a fitness base will enjoy these trips. The guided walks take place mostly on flat or slightly sloping surfaces, with a possibility of few steps to climb. If there are people with certain disabilities or needing to move with the wheelchair, please inform us, we will design a tour fitting your needs.
- The tour runs with rain or shine, but in case of weather alert the tour can be modified or canceled.
- Advised clothing: comfortable shoes and clothes, sunglasses, hat/cap, sunscreen.