Guided Walking tour suitable for individuals and large groups of the 5 Terre and Portovenere.
Private full day tour, suitable for small and large groups that start in La Spezia and make you discover the beauties of Riomaggiore, Vernazza, Monterosso and Portovenere.
A guided walking tour of the enchanting villages of 5 Terre (Riomaggiore, Vernazza, Monterosso) moving by train in between. In the afternoon reach by boat Portovenere doing the coastal navigation to admire the stunning views of the Cinque Terre villages, the daring terraces and the rugged cliffs from the sea.
In the late afternoon return to La Spezia, still by boat.
- Private Tours with local guide.
- Have a full taste of the UNESCO sites in one day: Cinque Terre and Portovenere.
- Move by train and by public boat.
- Visit the most famous venues and the hidden corners of the villages.
- Tasty lunch to savor the local specialties.
Meet your tour guide in La Spezia train station and take the train to Riomaggiore, walk along the high path that leads from the new to the ancient side of the village. From up there stretch your sight all along the coast of 5 Terre and see also the Via dell’Amore (still closed due to a rock slide). Finally, hit the main street that goes all the way down to the sea, from the marina you can take one of the best pictures of the village.
Train to Vernazza, another lovely village. They all look the same, but each one has its peculiarities. The alleys of Vernazza are something special, set like a maze, they bring you back in time to the origin of these communities.
Arrive in Monterosso around lunchtime, and soon let’s savor some delicacies in a local restaurant together with a glass of Cinque Terre white wine. Afterward, have a guided visit of the village and free time to explore the largest of the five villages.
In the mid-afternoon, take the boat from Monterosso to Portovenere and admire the five villages unfolding before your eyes. Portovenere is considered the gateway of Cinque Terre. Built by Genoa (when 5 Terre did not exist yet) in a strategical location, Portovenere was set like a fortified naval base with the castle on top of the mountain and the village by the sea with the unique Palazzata: a long line of tower-houses set on purpose for defending the village.
After the guided visit and some free time, take another ferry to La Spezia.
Price per person € 125,00 calculated on a base of 25 participants.
If your party is smaller or bigger, we will send you a customized quotation.
- Private tour for pre-organized groups.
- Minimum #1 maximum #25 participants. If you have a bigger party, we arrange for you a bespoke program.
- Full day English-speaking tourist guide.
- Cinque Terre train day pass.
- Boat ticket.
- Light lunch in local restaurant: mix of appetizers, pasta with pesto sauce, dessert, water, glass of wine.
- Other extras not listed above.
- Car/coach transfer.
- Tips (optional).
- Meeting point: La Spezia bus parking if you arrive with your own motor-coach.
- Arrival point, La Spezia ferry terminal.
- If you need a car/coach transfer, we will arrange one.
- Duration: 9 hours
- Activity Level: moderate. The walking tours involve some up/down hill walking, climb flights of stairs if necessary, hop on and off trains.
- Unfortunately, this tour version is not suitable for people with wheelchair or reduced mobility. In this case let us know your needs, we will design a lighter version of the tour.
- The tour runs with rain or shine, but in case of weather alert, the tour can be modified or canceled.
- Advised clothing: comfortable shoes and clothes, sunglasses, hat/cap, sunscreen.