Food on foot tour of Portofino, Santa Margherita, Rapallo and Camogli.
Guided walking tour of the Italian Riviera, taste different food specialties in every town: Portorfino, Camogli, Santa Margherita.
This is a walking tour for those who love to explore in depth the towns of the Italian Riviera and taste at the same time their food&wine specialties. Learn more about the social life, the history and the art of these ancient towns with your local tour guide. Visit Portofino, Camogli and Santa Margherita, admire their highlights and never miss the backstreets that always reserve unexpected surprises. In each town het into bakeries, groceries, food and wine shops in order for tasting the farinata, the local plain and cheese focaccia, the pesto sauce, the almond paste biscuits accompanied by the local white wines.
- Private guided walk with local tourist guides.
- Visit Portofino, Camogli, Santa Margherita and Rapallo.
- Walk the backstreets and enjoy the atmosphere of these towns.
- Taste in each of the places some local wine and food specialties.
- Move easily by train and by boat between the towns.
Meet your guide in Rapallo and have a walk along the lively main carugio (main street), stop in a pastry shop for an Italian breakfast with cappuccino and a snack. Then move by train to Camogli, a quaint village by the sea characterized by its imposing Palazzata bordering the promenade that leads to the old Baroque church. Here taste some cheese focaccia and try the Camogliesi (almond biscuits).
Take another train to Santa Margherita ending up here around lunchtime for tasting two very Ligurian specialties like farinata and vegetable pies with a good glass of wine.
In the afternoon, take the public boat to Portofino and admire during the ride the outstanding villas built on the cliffs. Upin arrival, enjoy the unique ambiance of this tiny village, tasting a Paciugo that is the Portofino special flavor. Afterward, take the boat back to Rapallo.
Price per person € 155,00 calculated on a base of 4 participants.
If your party is smaller or bigger, we will send you a customized quotation.
- Private tour
- Minimum #1 maximum #10 participants. If you have a bigger party we will arrange for you a bespoke program.
- Full day English speaking tour guide.
- Train and boat tickets.
- Food tastings, a glass of wine, gelato.
- Eventual private car transfers.
- Eventual private boat transfer.
- Other extras not listed above.
- Tips (optional).
- Meeting point: Rapallo train station. Another meeting point can be fixed on request.
- Duration: 7 hours
- Activity Level: Light: no special skills are required and even people without a fitness base will enjoy these trips. The guided walks take place mostly on flat or slightly sloping surfaces, with a possibility of few steps to climb. If there are people with certain disabilities or needing to move with the wheelchair, please inform us, we will design a tour fitting your needs.
- The tour runs with rain or shine, but in case of weather alert the tour can be modified or canceled.
- Advised clothing: comfortable shoes and clothes, sunglasses, hat/cap, sunscreen.
SOMETHING FASCINATING FOR SMALL AND LARGE GROUPS
YOU CAN UPGRADE THIS EXPERIENCE BY ADDING A PESTO AND PASTA MAKING CLASS.
You and your friends will be led by a local expert for a walk around the historical food shops in Rapallo. In each of them savor different food specialties then, try making the traditional pesto sauce “homemade style”, afterward you will make the trofie, typical Ligurian pasta.