Genoa food on foot tour. Genoa private guided sightseeing tour for foodies to experience local foods and wines.
Genoa is one of the most beautiful towns in Italy, but certainly one of the most underestimated. It’s not easy to “fall in love with Genoa” at first sight, one of the largest historical centers in Europe sometimes confuses and disorient the visitor, that’s why we rely on local guides only who are able to introduce you to the secret beauties and the flavors of Genoa so-called “The Superb” included in the UNESCO patrimony since 2003.
Nothing better than the food helps to know more about a place and the people who live there. Genoa was built by the ancient Romans and throughout the 1100 and 1500 A.C. lived its golden age as one of the Italian Maritime Republics together with Amalfi, Pisa and Venice. The putting up of profitable trades and commerces allowed Genoa to increase its importance and wealth throughout the centuries and the frequent contacts with other cultures made Genoa a lively town where different cultures and traditions melted together creating in the local cuisine very unique flavors such as: farinata, focaccia, pesto sauce, pandolce and much more!
- Private walks with local tour guides.
- Visit the highlights of Genoa: the Ducal Palace, St. Lawrence Cathedral, the old Port area, De Ferrari square, the Palaces of Strada Nuova.
- Walk the back streets and enjoy the atmosphere of Europe’s largest historical center (UNESCO site).
- During the walking tour taste some local wine and food specialties.
Meet your guide in Genoa and start the guided walk of the most interesting parts of the town called “La Superba”. Since the theme of the tour is the local food, therefore the visits of the highlights of Genoa will be alternated to food and wine tastings of local specialties: the St. Lawrence cathedral and Ducal Palace with some farinata (cheek pee flan), the Porto Antico and some focaccia, De Ferrari square and some cheese focaccia, Garibaldi street with its magnificent Palazzi and a glass of Western Riviera white wine, the medieval Porta Soprana and Porta Sottana main entrance gates of the ancient Genova and taste some Pandolce (sweet bread with raisins and candied fruit) or a gelato in one of the historical pastry shops).
For lunch, some pasta with pesto sauce (remember Genoa is the birthplace of Pesto), or the Genoese vegetable soup, other meat and fish specialties are absolutely unmissable!!!
Price per person € 75,00 calculated on a base of 4 participants.
If your party is smaller or bigger, we will send you a customized quotation.
- Private tour
- Minimum #1 maximum #15 participants. If you have a bigger party we will arrange for you a bespoke program.
- Half day English speaking tour guide.
- Food tastings, a glass of wine, gelato.
- Lunch in restaurant
- Eventual private car transfers
- Eventual entrance tickets
- Other extras not listed above
- Tips (optional).
- Meeting point: Genoa train station. Another meeting point can be fixed on request.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Activity Level: Light: no special skills are required and even people without a fitness base will enjoy these trips. The guided walks take place mostly on flat or slightly sloping surfaces, with a possibility of few steps to climb. If there are people with certain disabilities or needing to move with the wheelchair, please inform us, we will design a tour fitting your needs.
- The tour runs with rain or shine, but in case of weather alert the tour can be modified or canceled.
- Advised clothing: comfortable shoes and clothes, sunglasses, hat/cap, sunscreen.
Need more customization?
Send us your requests!
Wish to make the tour a full day?
Do you need a car tranfsr?
Wish to include lunch?
Please fill the form here below and let us know more about your needs we will design a bespoke version of the program.