Cinque Terre walks or Urban hiking. Visit the villages making some physical exercise
The urban trekking is a guided walking tour suitable for small and large groups of people who want to make an active tour, visit the 5 Terre villages but don’t want to hike the trails.
In short, the Cinque Terre urban trekking is a guided walk that based not just strolling on the busy main streets, but even walk the backstreets and reach the high paths that crown the villages.
In other words, move your legs, but if you’re tired, sit down and have a glass of wine!
The Urban Hiking Tour involves the visit of 3/4 villages with your tourist guide, moving by train and by public boat to admire the stunning views of the coast from the seaside.
- Private local guide.
- Explore the 5 Terre villages, doing some physical activity.
- Walk the backstreets and enjoy the atmosphere of the villages.
- Stunning views by reaching the panoramic venues up high.
- Walk the path rings away from the busy main streets.
- Wine tasting/snack lunch.
- Move easily by train between the villages.
Meet your tourist guide in La Spezia train station and take the train to Riomaggiore, here hit the path that starts from the train station and stretches uphill around the village towards the old side of it. On the way, admire the Via dell’Amore (still closed due to a rock slide) and of the entire coastline of 5 Terre. Then visit the ancient church of St. John the Baptist and walk down the main street as far as the marina. Free time follows.
Afterward, take the train to reach Manarola, where take a walk all the way up the main street to reach the path that stretches through the vineyards as far as the marina. Here learn more about the local traditional industry of the 5 Terre: the wine making!
Take the public boat to reach Monterosso and get off around lunchtime. Upon arrival, visit the local Oratorio of the 1600 ornate by mysterious sculptures, then savor some local foods and wines in a local eatery.
In the afternoon take the train to Vernazza, here soon escape from the main street and reach the view point overlooking the village from where take the iconic picture of Vernazza.
Train back to La Spezia.
Price per person € 160,00 calculated on a base of 5 participants.
If your party is smaller or bigger, ask please a customized quotation.
- Full day English-speaking tour guide.
- Cinque Terre cards train day pass.
- Public boat tickets
- Snack lunch/wine tasting
- Car/coach transfer
- Other extras not listed above
- Tips (optional)
- Meeting point: La Spezia train station. Another meeting point can be fixed on request.
- Private tour
- Minimum #1 maximum #15 participants. If you have a bigger party, we will arrange for you a bespoke program.
- Duration: 7 hours
- Activity Level: moderate. The walking tours involve some up/down hill walking, climb flights of stairs if necessary, hop on and off trains and boats.
- Unfortunately, this tour version is not suitable for people with wheelchair or reduced mobility. In this case let us know your needs, we will design a lighter version of the tour.
- The tour runs with rain or shine, but in case of weather alert, the tour can be modified or canceled.
- Advised clothing: comfortable shoes and clothes, sunglasses, hat/cap, sunscreen.