Be Michelangelo for 3 hours with our Carrara marble sculpting class. Have fun with your family or your friends to carving your own piece marble with hammer, chisel and the help of a marble artisan. At the end go back home with your hand made marble work.
Experience suitable for small and large group (up to 20/25 people). Don’t miss the opportunity to try carving a piece of Carrara marble, feel the pleasure to create little marble works with your own hands! This class is mainly for beginners, but can be also set with a different duration for experts as well: artists with a certain ability in carving stones or other materials.
- Be Michelangelo for 3 hours.
- Experience suitable for small and large group (up to 20/25 people).
- Learn more about marble sculpting methods in an authentic marble workshop.
- Make your own marble work by using hammer and chisel.
- Upgrade the sculpting experience by visiting the marble quarries and make it as a full day. Learn more about the history of excavation how to choose a marble block good for sculpting.
How the sculpting class works
- Step one: protective glasses and gloves are provided.
- Step two: sketch on a marble tile whatever you like: an animal, a flower, a fantasy figure.
- Step three: the sculptor shows how to handle hammer and chisel in order to start removing the material around the drawing.
- Step four: start carving by yourself, if the sculptor judges you are good enough will let you use even power tools for carving faster the marble.
- Step five: smooth your marble work and finally sign it!!!
- Quotation on request since this is a private experience.
- Meeting point is at the marble workshop. Transfer service on request from your hotel.
- Duration: 3 hours
- The class is held outside or inside according to the season or to the number of the participants.
Need more customization?
Send us your requests!
Are you a larger group?
Wish to modify the itinerary?
Wish to add or cut some stages?
Need car/coach transfers?
Wish to have more rest days?