Food on foot tour of Portofino, Santa Margherita, Rapallo and Camogli. Taste different food specialties in every visited town
This is a walking tour for those who love to explore in depth the towns of the Italian Riviera and taste at the same time their food&wine specialties. Learn more about the social life, the history and the art of these ancient towns from your local tour guide; visit Rapallo, Portofino, Camogli and Santa Margherita admire their highlights and never miss the backstreets that always reserve unexpected surprises. In each town visit bakeries, groceries, food and wine shops in order to taste the farinata, the local plain and cheese focaccia, the pesto sauce, the almond paste biscuits accompanied by the local white wines.
- Private walks with local tour guides.
- Visit Portofino, Camogli, Santa Margherita and Rapallo.
- Walk the back streets and enjoy the atmosphere of these towns.
- Taste in each of the places some local wine and food specialties.
- Move easily by train and by boat between the towns.
Meet your guide in Rapallo and have a walk along the lively main carugio (main street), stop in a pastry shop for an Italian breakfast with cappuccino and a snack. Then move by train to Camogli, a quaint village by the sea characterized by its imposing Palazzata bordering the promenade that leads to the old Baroque church. here taste some cheese focaccia and try the Camogliesi (almond biscuits).
Take another train to Santa Margherita ending up here around lunch time for tasting two very Ligurian specialties like farinata and vegetable pies with a good glass of wine.
In the afternoon take the public boat to Portofino and admire during the ride the outstanding villas built on the cliffs. Once arrived enjoy the unique ambiance of this tiny village tasting a Paciugo that is the Portofino special flavor. Afterwards take the boat back to Rapallo.
Price per person € 139,00 calculated on a base of 8 participants.
If your party is smaller or bigger, we will send you a customized quotation.
- Private tour
- Minimum #1 maximum #15 participants. If you have a bigger party we will arrange for you a bespoke program.
- Full day English speaking tour guide.
- Train and boat tickets.
- Food tastings, a glass of wine, gelato.
- Lunch in restaurant
- Eventual private car transfers
- Eventual private boat transfer
- Other extras not listed above
- Tips (optional).
- Meeting point: Rapallo train station. Another meeting point can be fixed on request.
- Duration: 7 hours
- Activity Level: Light: no special skills are required and even people without a fitness base will enjoy these trips. The guided walks take place mostly on flat or slightly sloping surfaces, with a possibility of few steps to climb. If there are people with certain disabilities or needing to move with the wheelchair, please inform us, we will design a tour fitting your needs.
- The tour runs with rain or shine, but in case of weather alert the tour can be modified or canceled.
- Advised clothing: comfortable shoes and clothes, sunglasses, hat/cap, sunscreen.
Need more customization?
Send us your requests!
Are you a larger group?
Wish to modify the itinerary?
Wish to add or cut some stages?
Need car/coach transfers?
Wish to have more rest days?