Best of Florence guided walks, visit the highlights of Florence with our local tour guides.
These itineraries are suitable for first timers in Florence. Our local guides will take you discovering the art beauties of this UNESCO site, if you are coming for the first time in Florence or if you are coming on a cruise you might like to have a little taste of everything in the amount of time on your disposal. That’s why our walking tours include some outdoor walks to admire the main monuments of the city like: Piazza del Duomo, Piazza della Signoria, Ponte Vecchio and one or more indoor visits of one museum like the Uffizi, the Accademia, the Galleria Palatina, or one of the most famous churches like Santa Croce, Santa Maria Novella.
- Private walking tour.
- Don’t miss any of the highlights: Piazza della Signoria, Piazza del Duomo, Ponte Vecchio.
- Local English speaking tour guide.
- Have a taste of the backstreets of Florence.
- Visit (if you want to include it) one of the famous museums like Uffizi and Accademia, or another one at your choice. We’ll be happy to advise one.
- Free time at the end of the guided walk of Florence.
- Homemade gelato tasting.
These sample itineraries here below are fully customizable according to your time availability, interests and mobility.
Full day Florence guided visit – The highlights 3 hrs
Visit with our guide the streets with Middle Ages Churches and the Renaissance Palaces, you will discover the city in its beauty…the elegant Signoria Square, the renowned leather market, the very famous bridge Ponte Vecchio, and the imposing Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, known as Duomo, from where the Brunelleschi’s cupola dominates the skyline of Florence and never ceases to impress.
During this nice walk, we will stop in one of the best Gelateria of Florence for a sweet and refreshing break.
The cherry on top of the cake will be the visit to the Accademia Gallery where you will see the Michelangelo’s statues known as the Prisoners and his beautiful and incredible 17-feet marble masterpiece, the David.
Full day Florence guided visit – The highlights and more in 7 hrs
The morning could be dedicated to the guided walk described above. After a tasty lunch (maybe in an intimate Osteria or just a light lunch with wine tasting), you may choose to visit the Uffizi museum. This is one of the oldest and most famous museums in the world. The museum was funded by Francesco I de Medici, it occupies two floors of the building known as Palazzo degli Uffizi, that was designed by Vasari to house the administrative offices.
The Uffizi Gallery has preserved a world-renowned collection of paintings and sculptures for centuries. Visiting this fascinating gallery you will discover the roots of Italian Renaissance with works by Giotto and Cimabue, then you will see the famous Birth of Venus and the Allegory of the Spring by Botticelli, beautiful paintings by Filippo Lippi.
The Uffizi gallery has the real masterpieces of the Italian art as the paintings by Leonardo with his scientific interest in nature, Michelangelo with his powerful paint and the delicate paintings by Raphael.
You will discover fascinating stories about the lives of the artists, celebrated architects, and wealthy patrons that contributed to the magnificence of the Museum.
Otherwise choose another museum or require a custom made walking tour by adding one of the following:
- Galleria Palatina with Boboli Gardens (both located into Palazzo Pitti),
- Cappelle Medicee,
- Bargello museum
or visit one of the magnificent churches like
- Santa Croce,
- Santa Maria Novella,
- San Lorenzo.
Price per person € 46,00 calculated on a base of 8 participants for a FULL DAY TOUR
If your party is smaller or bigger, we will send you a customized quotation.
- Private tour
- Minimum #1 maximum #25 articipants. If you have a bigger party we will arrange for you a bespoke program.
- Full day English speaking tour guide (7 hrs)
- Home made gelato.
- Car transfer
- Eventual museum tickets
- Other extras not listed above
- Tips (optional).
- Meeting point: to be agreed.
- Duration: 7 hours
- Activity Level: Light: no special skills are required and even people without a fitness base will enjoy these trips. The guided walks take place mostly on flat or slightly sloping surfaces, with a possibility of few steps to climb. If there are people with certain disabilities or needing to move with the wheelchair, please inform us, we will design a tour fitting your needs.
- The tour runs with rain or shine, but in case of weather alert the tour can be modified or canceled.
Advised clothing: comfortable shoes and clothes, sunglasses, hat/cap, sunscreen.
- If your interests are focused on a certain artistic period, or a particular artist, we are able to set thematic itineraries. Don’t hesitate to contact us!
Need more customization?
Send us your requests!
Are you a larger group?
Wish to modify the itinerary?
Wish to add lunch in a restaurant?
Need car/coach transfers?
Wish to stay for more days?